Estonia Company Setup as a foreigner
Tetra Consultants advises you to read through this guide to fully understand the full process of Estonia company setup.
In essence, your engagement will be broken down into 4 phases:
- Planning and strategy
- Bank account opening
- Staying compliant
By systematically following the above 4 phases, you can expect to start conducting business with your Estonia company within 5 weeks. If you are looking to register as a e-Resident, you can check out our guide here.
Planning and Strategy
- After understanding your business goals and activities, our team of dedicated consultants will recommend the most suitable corporate entity for you to carry out your business. Prior to incorporating an Estonia company, you will be advised on the optimum paid-up share capital, corporate structure, legislations and whether there is a need to apply for any licenses to operate.
- Before Tetra Consultants can incorporate your company in Estonia, you are required to provide a list of required KYC documents. Some of these documents include the names of directors, the company’s resolution and identification proof.
- Tetra Consultants will reserve your preferred company name with the Estonian Centre of Registers and Information Systems. According to the business activity and corporate structure, Tetra Consultants will also draft articles of incorporation, business plan and other incorporation documents.
- Upon receiving all the necessary documents, Tetra Consultants will proceed to draft and notarize the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- On average, you can expect your company to be successfully registered within 5 business days.
- We will then proceed to file for registration with the Estonian Centre of Registers and Information Systems.
- After receiving approval, Tetra Consultants will courier the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association and other corporate documents to your preferred address.
- A registered agent will also be assigned to act as the point of contact between the local authority and your company.
- If necessary, Tetra Consultants will also provide you with a legal address to meet your compliance requirements.
- For the appointment of all nominee directors, our legal team will prepare agreements that are to be signed by all relevant parties. This is to ensure that our nominee is passive and will not hold any decision-making power in your business operations.
Bank Account Opening
- After registration, Tetra Consultants will assist you in opening a corporate bank account. Our team has established partnerships with multiple reputable banks in Estonia. We will present your business to each relationship manager and compliance team.
- To prepare for the meeting, a comprehensive business plan explaining the details of your business will be crafted by us.
- To ensure that there is no potential miscommunication between all parties, we will translate the document into Estonian.
- Typically, a corporate bank account opening will take roughly four weeks. In most cases, the directors and shareholders are not required to travel. However, if travel is required, we will have a representative accompany you to the bank meeting. Alternatively, our team will negotiate with the banks to conduct a conference call instead or to request for a waiver.
- Once your account has been successfully opened, Tetra Consultants will courier the internet banking token and access codes to your preferred address.
- Some of the international reputable banks we work with include Bank of Estonia, Swedbank and SEB Bank. By engaging our services, you can leverage on our full portfolio of banking partners.
- Following the setup of your new Estonia corporate home, Tetra Consultants will continue to provide you with the necessary accounting and tax services to ensure that you can continue to legally conduct business while staying compliant to regulatory obligations.
- Our team of dedicated consultants will timely prepare your firm’s financial statements, corporate tax returns and manage bookkeeping on your behalf.
- We will prepare the required filings in advance to ensure we meet all stipulated deadlines.
- Generally, corporate tax rate is held at 20% for all Estonia-incorporated companies.
- Audit obligations will also apply if you exceed a certain threshold.
- Our team of dedicated consultants will continue to clarify any doubts you may have with regards to your company’s obligations.
Contact us to find out more about the process of Estonia company setup. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.