How to Register a Company in Delaware?
Tetra Consultants advises you to read through this guide to fully understand the steps required on how to incorporate a company in Delaware. Our formation package will get you on your way to setting up your corporate home in Delaware. Tetra Consultants advises you to read through this guide to fully understand the steps required on how to incorporate a company in Delaware.
Simply put, we can break down each engagement into three different phases:
- Planning & strategy
- Bank account opening
- Staying compliant
By systematically following the above three phases, you can expect to start conducting business with your Delaware company within 5 weeks.
Planning and Strategy
- The most critical part of incorporating your company is to determine the optimum business entity you should adopt. After considering the various advantages and disadvantages of each business structure, Tetra Consultants will recommend a suitable business entity.
- This recommendation will also be made based on the type of business activity, tax obligations and nationalities of your shareholders and directors. Generally, for most international clients, Tetra Consultants will recommend incorporating a Delaware limited liability company.
- For clients who are looking to apply for licenses, our team will further advise on the requirements. We will also assist in obtaining relevant business licenses and registrations with Delaware’s state agency. If required, Tetra Consultants will also provide you with a local registered address and a registered agent.
- Tetra Consultants will reserve your preferred company name with the Delaware Division of Corporations. Necessary due diligence documents will also be collected at this point.
- To register company in Delaware, Tetra Consultants will assist you to file corporate forms and certificates with the Delaware Department of State Division of Corporations. Tetra Consultants will also provide you a local registered address and a registered agent.
- To proceed with the new entity filing, we will also make the necessary arrangements to acquire a good standing certificate if necessary. Within 1 week, Tetra Consultants expects to provide you the corporate documents of the newly established Delaware company. Some of these documents include a Certificate of Formation.
- The Certificate of Formation comprises the company name and company number as well as the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
Bank Account Opening
- Upon registration, Tetra Consultants will help our clients to open a corporate bank account within 4 weeks. Our team has established partnerships with multiple reputable banks in Delaware. Tetra Consultants’ banking team is experienced in this field and we will be able to timely secure banking solutions within the stipulated deadlines.
- Typically, a corporate bank account opening will take roughly 4 weeks. In most cases, the directors and shareholders are not required to travel to Delaware. However, if travel is required, Tetra Consultants will have a representative to accompany you to the bank meeting.
- Alternatively, our team will negotiate with the banks to conduct a conference call instead or to request for a waiver. This is to minimize any engagement delay and to secure corporate bank account numbers at the soonest.
- As all Delaware-incorporated corporations are required to file an Annual Report and pay a Franchise Tax, we will continue to remind our clients annually about the necessary due charges.
- This is to ensure that you can continue to legally conduct business with your Delaware entity while staying compliant with regulatory obligations.
Contact us to find out more about how to register a company in Delaware. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.