How to open a business in Luxembourg?
Prior to the engagement, it is essential for you to understand how to open a business in Luxembourg. Tetra Consultants will assist you with Luxembourg company incorporation and ensure that your company is legally compliant in Luxembourg.
Depending on the type of business entity, Luxembourg company incorporation is usually completed within 2 weeks upon submission of the required due diligence documents. Thereafter, Tetra Consultants will open your Luxembourg corporate bank account within 4 weeks after Luxembourg company incorporation.
Contact us to find out more about how to open a business in Luxembourg. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.
In essence, your engagement will be broken down into 4 phases:
- Planning and strategy
- Bank account opening
- Staying Compliant
1. Planning and strategy
- Depending on your business goals and activities, Tetra Consultants will recommend the most suitable business entity. Prior to incorporating a company in Luxembourg, you will be advised on the optimum paid-up share capital, corporate structure, and whether there is a need to apply for any licenses.
- Before Tetra Consultants can incorporate a Luxembourg company, you must provide a list of required KYC documents. Some of these documents include passport copies and proof of address of the directors and shareholders.
- Tetra Consultants reserves your preferred company name with the Trade and Companies Register. Before Luxembourg company incorporation, you will be assisted with renting a local office and appointing a nominee director. The office will be used to maintain all corporate records and official documents whilst the nominee director will primarily assist in liaising with external parties.
- Our legal team will draft a nominee director agreement to be signed by all parties, ensuring this nominee is passive and does not have any decision-making power in the company. At the same time, our team will provide the due diligence documents of our nominee, including his passport and proof of address.
- According to the business activity and corporate structure, Tetra Consultants will draft articles of incorporation, business plan, and other incorporation documents.
- Tetra Consultants’ legal team will draft the Articles of Incorporation of your new Luxembourg company as per the requirements set out by the Trade and Companies Register. The Articles of Incorporation will consist but are not limited to the following details:
- Address of company building.
- Outline and description of business activities to be carried out under the company’s name.
- Restrictions on the transfer of the company’s shares.
- Personal identification of each respective authorized shareholder & its directors.
- Generally, the Articles of Association will have to be translated into Luxembourg’s official languages of either Luxembourgish, German, or French. We will assist in providing official translations of the necessary Luxembourg company incorporation documents.
- Once the Articles of Incorporation is completed, Tetra Consultants will submit the same to the Trade and Companies Register to register company in Luxembourg.
- After company registration, Tetra Consultants will courier the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association, and other corporate documents to our international clients’ preferred address.
- Wherever necessary Tetra Consultants will assist you in obtaining the requisite relevant business licenses and permits for business operation.
3. Bank account opening
- Our banking team will assist you with the corporate bank account opening for your newly-established company with either a local Luxembourg bank or a reputable overseas bank. This ultimately depends on our international clients’ long-term business goals and risk classification. Tetra Consultants will advise our clients on the different requirements and transaction fees of each bank so you are able to make a sound decision.
- Some Luxembourg banks may require you to travel to Luxembourg for a face-to-face meeting. If required, Tetra Consultants will request for the interview to be changed to a video conference call instead. If the banks insist you travel, Tetra Consultants will accompany our clients to the bank interview in Luxembourg to facilitate communication.
- Once your account is opened, Tetra Consultants will courier the internet banking token and access codes to your preferred address.
- Some of the international reputable banks we work with include Banque Internationale à Luxembourg, ING Luxembourg and Banque et Caisse d’Épargne de l’État.
4. Staying Compliant
- You can be confident you are in the best hands when Tetra Consultants undertakes your Luxembourg company’s accounting and tax services.
- Tetra Consultants will timely prepare your firm’s financial statements, corporate tax returns, and bookkeeping on your behalf.
- Tetra Consultants will complete all annual filings and tax returns for your company before the stipulated deadlines set out by the government.
- If you plan to be physically present and working in Luxembourg, Tetra Consultants will secure a Luxembourg work visa for you.
Contact us to find out more about how to incorporate a company in Luxembourg. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.