Introduction to Vanuatu securities dealer license
- A Vanuatu Securities Dealer License is a permit that grants individuals or businesses the authority to participate in activities related to securities within the Republic of Vanuatu, an island situated in the South Pacific renowned as a hub for international offshore financial services.
- This license encompasses various securities operations, such as serving as a broker for both equity and debt securities, including those listed in the United States. Its recognition extends globally, with numerous prominent international securities broker-dealers holding licenses in Vanuatu.
- The license is granted by Minister of Finance and Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC). The governing Act overseeing the granting of securities dealer licenses serves a dual purpose: firstly, it establishes the framework for the issuance of such licenses, and secondly, it enforces penalties for individuals or corporations engaging in securities activities without proper authorization or employing deceitful tactics to encourage investments in securities.
When do you require Vanuatu securities dealer license?
- To operate as a securities dealer in Vanuatu, you will be obligated to obtain Vanuatu securities dealer license. This license is granted by Ministry of Finance upon the submission of the application to the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC).
- The license is also required to prevent money laundering and financing of terrorism. These licenses enhance the credibility and goodwill of the securities dealer as this license demonstrates a high commitment of the individual regarding their operations in the regulatory framework.
- By acquiring these licenses an individual is enabled to provide a range of services including managing investment portfolios, operating with securities (buying and selling), and offering Forex (FX) services and commodity trading & brokerage services.
- Majorly Vanuatu securities dealer license is required to:
- Dealing with securities: By obtaining these Vanuatu securities license an individual or any legal entity can get involved in the business of dealing with securities, such as buying, selling, or managing investments and portfolios for clients
- Operating in Vanuatu: The Vanuatu securities license is required to those businesses operating in Vanuatu because they must have a physical presence in the country and are also obligated to maintain certain systems and requirements.
- If you are unsure whether your business requires the securities dealer license, Tetra Consultants is there to resolve your confusion through ours regulatory compliance consulting services. Our experts can also conduct thorough research into your business to provide you with the correct information.
Type of Securities Dealer License in Vanuatu
- Tetra Consultants assists our international clients to secure Vanuatu securities dealer license. Our team will provide the full-service package of Vanuatu company registration, corporate bank account opening, hiring of local qualified directors, sourcing local physical office and license application. Tetra Consultants has ample experience in this field and will be able to accurately advise our clients.
- In Vanuatu Securities Dealer License, licenses are granted under the Dealers in Securities (Licensing) Act [Cap 70 of the laws of Vanuatu], which encourages many individuals and corporate entities to obtain these licenses.
- To apply for a Vanuatu securities dealer license, Tetra Consultants can help you file an application while adhering to all the requirements prescribed by the name of Minister responsible for commerce.
- The licenses have been characterized in two parts a) principal license b) representative’s license
- Principal licenses are those licenses that provide the authority to the holder to operate as a principal and offer a wide range of financial services. On the other hand, representative licenses are those licenses that allow the holder to represent a principal and offer financial services on their behalf.
- Both licenses are granted by the Minister of Finance Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) and are regulated by the Vanuatu Dealers in Securities (Licensing) Act.
- There are 4 classes of principal licenses, Class A, Class B, Class C, and Class D principal’s licenses
Class A principal’s license
- Those businesses that carry on in any of the following securities will require a class A principal’s license. Those activities are:
- Debenture stocks; or
- Loan stock, bonds; or
- Dertificate of deposit; or
- Proceeds of Foreign Exchange
Class B principal’s license
- Those businesses that carry on activities that deal in futures contracts and derivative products but not limited to futures and options.
Class C principal’s license
- Any business dealing in the following securities:
- Shares in share capital of a corporation; or
- Proceeds of precious metals; or
- Proceeds of commodities; or
- A right despite whether conferred by warrant, subscribe for shares or debt securities; or
- A right under depository receipt;
- An option to acquire or dispose of any security falling within any other provision of the Act; or
- A right under a contract for the acquisition of securities.
Class D Principal’s License
- These licenses are provided to those businesses dealing with digital assets. Only licensees already holding Class A, B, and C licenses are eligible to apply for a Class D license.
Mandatory requirements for Vanuatu securities dealer license
- For any individual or legal entity trying to obtain a securities dealer license, they must meet the statutory requirements as guided. The point to be kept in mind here is that the following statutory requirements are generalized, and the requirements may vary depending on the business entity. Thus, the generalized statutory requirement for obtaining Vanuatu securities dealer license are as follows:
- A minimum of one shareholder who can be a legal person with no residency requirement.
- A minimum of one director who needs to be a natural person with no residency obligations.
- The director must have 5 years of relevant professional knowledge and expertise of the investment business
- An Anti-Money Laundering officer (AML) who must be the resident of Vanuatu.
- An alternative AML officers
Requirements for manager(s)/ director(s)
- The manager must be a natural person
- The manager or director must reside in Vanuatu for at least 6 months within each year.
- The manager or director Must have at least 5 years’ experience dealing in securities and be competent to meet the obligations of a licensee as required by VFSC.
- The applicant of Vanuatu securities license must keep updated information on registered agent and office details confidential.
- The applicant of Vanuatu securities license must keep updated information on shareholders and beneficial owners confidential.
- The reports of any complaints received from investors must be kept confidential.
- The company must appoint a registered agent with a registered address.
- The company must operate from a physical premise located in Vanuatu, which maintains:
- A filing system
- A management and accounting system.
- A business continuity system
- A software system and server (for non-international companies)
- Deposit of VT 5,000,000 (approximately USD 47,000) with the Registrar of the Supreme Court at Port Villa.
- After 12 months of operation, the applicant must submit an audited financial statement.
- The financial statement must be done by approved auditor in Vanuatu who is experienced in the auditing of Vanuatu securities dealer’s license.
- The financial statement must show the latest profits and loss report and balance sheet.
Types of reports to be filed for Vanuatu securities dealer license
- To maintain Vanuatu securities dealer license, Tetra Consultants will guide the licensee to file various reports with the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC). The requirement for reports might vary depending on your business thus, we at Tetra Consultants can help you in obtaining of securities dealer license through our offshore financial license services which will also include filing of necessary documents and reports as guided by the authorities.
- Thus, the several types of reports must include:
Audited financial statements:
- Once the company has completed 12 months of operations, Tetra Consultants will guide the licensee to submit an audited financial statement showing the latest profit and loss report and balance sheet.
- The financial statement must be prepared by an independent auditor.
- The financial statement must be submitted 3 months after the anniversary date of the licensee’s operation.
- The financial statement must be prepared in accordance with the International Accounting Standard, or another standard agreed upon by the VFSC Commissioner.
- The licensee must obtain the approval of the VFSC Commissioner prior to engaging an independent auditor.
AML/CFT Annual Report:
- Tetra Consultants will guide the applicant to submit report which must outline the measures taken to prevent illegal financial activities and ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CFT) regulations.
- The report must demonstrate that the licensee has continuously satisfied the AML/CFT requirements set by the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC).
- The report must include a detailed business plan that outlines the licensee’s strategies, objectives, and financial projections.
- The report also includes the declaration made by the company directors and shareholders, stating that they meet the VFSC’s fit and proper criteria, including integrity, competence, and financial soundness.
Quarterly Statistical Report:
- The report must be submitted to the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC).
- The report also includes:
- Number of investors and amount of funds invested
- Number of products offered to investors detailing the number of each product offered
- Details on what jurisdiction the product was offered
- Details of vetting process of investors and criteria used
- Number of employees
- Number and value of transactions
- Any other relevant information required by the VFSC
Penalties for non-reporting
- There are various penalties for non-reporting the reports for a Vanuatu securities license which includes fines and imprisonment.
- If you have failed to follow the common reporting standard, the penalty for which can be a fine not exceeding VT 1,000,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 1 year.
- If you fail to file an audited financial statement, you can be subjected to penalties issued by Vanuatu Financial Services Commission.
- The VFSC has the power to issue fines not exceeding 125 million VUV for various violations by license holders, including non-compliance with reporting requirements.
- When applying for a Vanuatu forex license, the applicant must provide a government-issued certificate verifying the absence of any criminal records and a declaration stating no history of bankruptcy. Providing false information in this regard can lead to penalties.
- The VFSC can revoke a financial dealer license for assorted reasons, including non-compliance with reporting requirements. Priorly, VFSC has been issuing the notice regarding their intentions to revoke financial dealer licenses for reasons such as complaints of suspicious activity, problems with withdrawals, and failure to respond to the Commission’s letters.
- Non-compliance can also result in significant reputational damage, which can lead to the loss of customers and business.
Timeline to secure Vanuatu securities dealer license
- Generally, you can expect your license application to take time around 2 to 3 months after the engagement with Tetra Consultants starts. This process will include applications reviewed individually and may require any new necessary documents for additional support to application and providing added information.
- Once engagement with Tetra Consultants starts, you can expect your Vanuatu company registration to be done within one week. Our experts can help you with diverse services helping you to acquire securities license through offshore company incorporation, offshore financial license services and many more services.
What are the documents required to apply for Vanuatu securities dealer license?
- If you are willing to obtain a securities license, Tetra Consultants can provide you with the detailed list of documents required and can also draft and notarize (if required) the legal documents on your behalf.
- Below-listed list is the generalized list which may vary depending on the business entity and business requirements
To apply for a Vanuatu Securities Dealer License, the following documents are required:
- Notarized passports copy of all beneficial owners, directors, shareholders, and bank account signatories
- Curriculum Vitae (Résumé) of all beneficial owners, directors, shareholders, and bank account signatories
- Original proof of address (utility bill) of all beneficial owners, directors, shareholders, and bank account signatories
- Certified copy of the constitution documents of the company
- Business plan
- Audited financial statement (approved auditor in Vanuatu who is experienced in the auditing of Financial Dealers license) showing the latest profit and loss report and balance sheet
- AML/KYC policies and procedures
- Disclosure of internet-related business or e-commerce business
- VFSC Fit and Proper Declaration
- Proof of identity and address for directors, shareholders, and beneficial owners
- Proof of compliance with capital requirements
- Proof of paid application fees
How to apply for a Vanuatu securities dealer license?
- Tetra Consultants will assist you in Vanuatu company registration for obtaining Vanuatu securities dealer license by providing a local company address and local company secretary. Typically, the process of obtaining Vanuatu securities license should take around 2 to 3 months.
- Upon Vanuatu company registration we will proceed with corporate bank account opening for your company as it is necessary for the company applying for Vanuatu securities license to have a bank account. You can expect your corporate bank account to be ready in 4 weeks.
- Thus, there are various other steps also which are required to obtain securities license. The generalized steps of obtaining a securities dealer license are as follows:
Step 1: Vanuatu company registration:
- As stated above, applying for Vanuatu company registration is necessary and an important requirement for applying for securities dealer license. Tetra Consultants have experts who can apply for Vanuatu company registration on your behalf while complying with all the necessary requirement for registering the company.
- Any foreigner who wishes to register company in Vanuatu are required to have only one shareholder and one director, both of whom can be legal persons with no nationality or residency restrictions and need to submit company registration documents to VFSC.
- These compliances can be fulfilled with the engagement with Tetra Consultants through our offshore company incorporation services which are specifically designed to incorporate your company without making you leave your desk.
Step 2: Prepare necessary documents:
- Tetra Consultants can help you to prepare all the necessary documents such as we can notarize your passport copies, Curriculum vitae (résumé) of the director/shareholder, dated and signed, A detailed plan outlining the company’s operations, financial statements which can be audited with the help of accounting and tax obligation services provided by us.
- Our experts can also help you with drafting legal documents for your company. Our experts will ease out the process of obtaining Vanuatu securities license for our clients.
Step 3: Establish a physical presence:
- Obtaining the securities license will require the presence of physical premise in Vanuatu that shall maintain filing, management, accounting, and business continuity systems. Tetra Consultants will provide your company with physical premises.
Step 4: Appoint a local AML/CFT:
- While applying for the Vanuatu dealer securities license, Tetra Consultants will help you with appointment of the AML/CFT who must be a natural person and the resident of Vanuatu.
- There is no explicit requirement for a local director but if your company requires a local director, Tetra Consultants is there to help you with our nominee director and shareholder service.
Step 5: Open a corporate bank account:
- Once Tetra Consultants have complied with every other obligation, our experts will work towards corporate bank account opening for managing all your finances.
- The bank account serves various purposes, including facilitating financial transactions related to forex trading and meeting regulatory requirements.
Step 6: File an application with the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC):
- Tetra Consultants will then move forward to file an application in the prescribed manner to the Minister of commerce which includes standard questions about the applicant’s name, address, and occupation.
Step 7: Deposit required capital:
- To obtain Vanuatu dealer securities license there is a capital requirement of approximately US$47,000, and a deposit of VT 5,000,000 must be made with the Registrar of the Supreme Court at Port Villa.
- Tetra Consultants can guide you through our regulatory compliance consulting services which will guide you through the process of obtaining the license.
Step 8: Undergo the application review process:
- Once Tetra Consultants has applied for the license on your behalf, the application goes through the review process. The general time for the application process is about xxx weeks which vary depending on the government processes and the status of the applicants.
- Tetra Consultants is a one-stop corporate service provider with a global network of partners and a diversified portfolio of businesses. We provide extensive assistance to our international clients with obtaining Vanuatu securities dealer license and Vanuatu forex license. Our service package for securing a Vanuatu securities license includes the incorporation of the entity, preparation of the license application, creating a comprehensive timeline for the full setup and operation of your entity, drafting the needed documents, and gathering relevant and acceptable data.
- In addition, Tetra Consultants can also assist with various ancillary services such as Accounting and tax services, international trademark registration, and other services depending on your long-term business goals.
- Contact us to find out more about how to secure Vanuatu securities dealer license and Vanuatu forex license. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.
What can this Vanuatu securities license be used for?
- This license can be useful for investment/fund management institutions such as brokerage firms, mutual or hedge funds etc., who may have clients wishing to invest in securities which may not be permissible or must comply with onerous and costly compliance of their resident jurisdiction.
How can I apply for Vanuatu securities dealer license?
- You can apply for a securities license with the help of Tetra Consultants. Our experts will assist you through the whole process of obtaining the license.
What are the advantages of obtaining Vanuatu forex license?
- The owners of Vanuatu forex licenses in provides several privileges for successful commercial activities such as loyal regulations, zero taxation on profits and capital increase, and a relatively low minimum registered capital.
Is getting Vanuatu securities license a long process?
- The time required to obtain a forex license in Vanuatu may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the applicant’s readiness to meet regulatory requirements. Tetra Consultants can help you to obtain this license under stipulated time.