The industry has been lightly regulated historically, but increased interest has led to a substantial increase in government regulation around the world.
Fortunately, Belize is one of the simplest, most inexpensive, and reputable places to obtain a foreign exchange trading license in the world. Our team of licensing experts based in Belize can help you navigate the application process and annual requirements.
A Belize forex trading license permits your company to legally do the following:
- Operate as a forex brokerage firm
- Provide a full array of brokerage services to clients
- Provide an online platform for your clients to do their own forex trading
- Provide managed forex trading options
- Process debit card payments and credits of client accounts
If you are a new forex broker or seeking to establish a forex brokerage firm in Belize, one of the first things you will need to think about is acquiring Belize forex license. While licensing operations necessitate that forex enterprises adhere to strict norms of behavior, obtaining a forex license in Belize will benefit your Belize company’s operational and financial performance.
Tetra Consultants assist Belize forex dealers with their regulatory and forex licensing needs and provide continued support and assistance to forex companies concerning all aspects with respect to register company in Belize and continued support.
Step 1: Planning and strategizing
- Tetra Consultants’ team of licensing experts will first understand your business needs and goals and advise you on the regulatory requirements as posed by the Belize financial regulating authority.
- The minimum capital requirement to procure a Belize forex license is US$500,000 and it must be kept in the applying company’s bank account at all times.
- In addition, companies will have to pay an application fee of US$1,000 and an annual licensing fee of US$25,000.
- Additionally, all Belize companies must ensure that economic substance is maintained in Belize. This means that an adequate amount of business activities must be conducted within or from Belize. This can be proven by showing that:
- An adequate number of meetings of Board meetings are conducted in Belize and all records and meeting minutes are kept in Belize offices.
- An adequate number of qualified employees are physically present in Belize to carry out the intended forex activity.
- The operating expenditure incurred in Belize is of an adequate amount.
- The company has at least one physical office in Belize.
- There are sufficient facilities and office space in Belize for the company to conduct its main business activities.
Step 2: Belize company registration
- Before applying for a Belize Forex License, Tetra Consultants will assist in the incorporation of your Belize company. You will be asked to provide a list of necessary KYC documents, including the names of directors, company’s resolution, and identification proof.
- Based on the documents provided, Tetra Consultants will draft and notarize the Memorandum and Articles of Association, business plan, and other incorporation documents.
- After preparing the relevant documents, Tetra Consultants will register your company with the Belize Companies and Corporate Affairs Registry.
- Tetra Consultants will also register your company’s Business Tax (TIN) with the Belize Tax Service.
Step 3: Corporate bank account opening
- Tetra Consultants will assist in consolidating the necessary corporate documents and opening a corporate bank account with a reputable bank that provides relevant services such as multi-currency accounts.
- Typically, directors and shareholders are not required to travel to Belize to open corporate bank accounts. However, if travel is needed, we will have a representative accompany you to the bank meeting. Alternatively, our team will negotiate with the banks to conduct a conference call instead or to request for a waiver.
Step 4: Filing of application
- Tetra Consultants will then assist with the preparation of the application with the Belize Financial Services Commission (FSC). You will need the following corporate documents such as certificate of incorporation, memorandum, articles of association, register of Directors and Shareholders, share certificates, Declaration of Beneficial Ownership, and certificate of good standing.
- The IFSC will verify the completeness of the application within 2 working days. After receiving the complete submission, the authorities will then assess it and decide whether to issue a license to the applicant.
- If the IFSC approves, it will issue a formal approval letter and an invoice for the license fees. Tetra Consultants will assist in making the necessary amendments if the information provided in the application is insufficient or incomplete.
Step 4: Annual accounting and tax obligations
- Tetra Consultants’ team of Chartered Accountants will ensure that your newly established company continues to meet regulatory laws set by the Belize Tax Service. This includes providing you with monthly bookkeeping, preparation of financial statements, and annual tax return filings.
Tetra Consultants is an international professional consultancy firm that specializes in the attainment of forex license in Belize. Tetra Consultants will assist you with communications with the Belize local regulatory authorities, and government officials throughout the whole course of the engagement.
In addition, Tetra Consultants can also assist with attaining other offshore financial licenses depending on your long-term business goals. We can assist you in obtaining a specific license or authorization from your selected jurisdiction, to lawfully operate as a brokerage firm in the foreign exchange industry. We provide licensing services in all major jurisdictions that have introduced advanced legislation regulating brokerage or forex activities.
Contact us to find out more about how to secure Belize forex license to provide foreign exchange brokerage services, or if you are planning to register company in Belize without any hassle. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.