- With the ample amount of business opportunities in Cayman Islands. It is one of the most popular destinations for foreign businesses because of its business-friendly environment, tax neutrality, and excellent infrastructure. The country has no direct taxes, including no corporate, capital gain, payroll, property, and withholding taxes, which makes it one of the most tax beneficial countries in the world.
- Many foreign investors and entrepreneurs wish to register company in Cayman Islands because of its attractive location for businesses and tax efficiencies for their business. The country’s stable economic and political climate, sound legal system, and responsive and business-friendly government induce many business opportunities in Cayman Islands.
- The strategically located country provides an ample amount of business opportunities in Cayman Islands. Its location in the western Caribbean, west of Jamaica and south of Cuba and Florida makes it a convenient location in the Caribbean, which is quick to access and easy to travel to the US, UK, Canada, and other parts of the world.
- While there are many business opportunities in Cayman Islands, there is also present highly educated workforce to be employed to garb opportunities. Moreover, the document for incorporation is drafted in English making it easy for many foreign investors and entrepreneurs. If you are willing to draft any of the legal documents, Tetra Consultants can draft those documents on your behalf, our experts are well-versed with the bylaws and can provide you with the drafts you wish for.
Business opportunities in Cayman Islands
- Cayman Islands is home to many popular destinations with some amazing locations attracting millions of visitors every year. Operating a business in tourism sector can be a great business opportunity in Cayman Islands as the tourism sector contributes as the largest part in the economy of the country.
- Moreover, apart from the GDP contribution, the sector has a large consumer base and ample amount of business ideas can be implied under this industry to make business much more profitable.
- A good slice of the economy of the Cayman Islands is import-dependent. This implies that setting up a business which can cater the demands of the imported goods can generate higher revenue for the business.
- These import businesses require various licenses and permits which can be obtained with the help of Tetra Consultants. Our experts can also help you with offshore financial license services required by your business.
App developing firm
- With the booming information and technology sector, starting an app development firm can be a profitable business opportunity in Cayman Islands. With changing technologies, the need for such developing firms is in need creating a large consumer market for this industry.
- Operating an app developing firm will be subjected to register your business with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry which can be done easily through the offshore company incorporation service provided by Tetra Consultants.
- As stated before, Cayman Islands is highly importing dependent which also creates a business opportunity in Cayman Islands to produce its own food and grains. The sector can be beneficial if the imported goods are being produced in the country and are used to cater the demand of products.
- The country has a strong real estate market, with many opportunities for investment and development. Operating a business in this sector can be a profitable business because of the growing demand for the property in both residential and commercial areas.
Types of business in Cayman Islands
Associations not for profit
- These associations are typically required if you wish to register as charities, sporting associations, philanthropic organisations, religious organisations, community groups, professional associations, or sporting organisations. These associations are not subjected to publish their names, or send their list of members, or pay an annual fee to registrar.
- A type of a company who only carries out the business in Cayman Islands and are required to comply with few statutory requirements which are as follows:
- A minimum of 1 director.
- A minimum of 1 shareholder.
- Required to have a registered office and a registered agent physically located in the Cayman Islands.
- These companies are owned by residents and thus require maintaining registry of their members.
- There are other accounting and tax obligations such as preparation of proper records of accounts for showing the details of each transaction is required. These data preparation can be completed and filed within the stipulated timeframe with the help of Tetra Consultants.
- Moreover, apart from the accounting and tax obligations Tetra consultants can also help you registered address and agent requirement by fulfilling it.
- These companies can carry out business normally, but not in the Cayman Islands. The company received non-resident status by applying to the Ministry of Finance via the registrar of companies.
- The regulatory requirement for non-resident company is as follows:
- A minimum of 1 director.
- A minimum of 1 shareholder.
- No residency requirement for shareholders and directors.
- No capital requirement for non-resident company.
- Must have its registered office with a CIMA licensed service provider.
- These companies are not subjected to have a local director but if you will ever require that Tetra Consultants can help you with the nominee director and shareholder services.
- This is the most used form of business by foreign investors in the Cayman Islands. It can receive certificates of tax exemptions and certificates against future tax impositions. These certificates are usually given for 20 years but are renewable, and the company would receive benefits from operations outside of the Cayman Islands.
- The statutory requirement for an exempt company is as follows:
- A minimum of one director who is not required to be a Cayman Islands resident.
- A minimum of one shareholder who is not required to be a Cayman Islands resident.
- Registering an exempt company means that you cannot own land in the Cayman Islands without the Financial Secretary’s permission.
- Filing an annual return with the Registrar of Companies is necessary, which should include details of the business conducted in foreign states and countries.
- Tetra Consultants can help you in registering these diverse types of business in Cayman Islands along with that our experts can also help you with the corporate bank account opening for your company to be fully operational in Cayman Islands.
Limited liability company (LLCs)
- This type of country has a separate legal identity, and the members of the company cannot be held personally liable for the company’s debts or liabilities. It is mainly used for offshore activities.
- Through the engagement with Tetra Consultants, you can enjoy the process of offshore company incorporation without any hassle. Moreover, our experts will also help you in getting registered agent and address.
- This types of business in Cayman Islands are subjected to various statutory requirement which are as follows:
- A minimum of 1 director
- A minimum of 1 shareholder
- Shareholders and directors can be a same person who can be a natural or legal entity.
- No residency requirement to be shareholder or director of an LLC.
- The name of an LLC in the Cayman Islands must end with the words “Limited Liability Company” or the abbreviation “LLC”.
- must have a Registered Agent, who must be a resident of the Cayman Islands, or a company registered to provide such services.
Exempt limited partnerships
- This type of partnership is like the exempt company, but it is a partnership rather than a company. It is commonly used for investment funds.
Segregated Portfolio Companies
- This type of company is authorized to create segregated portfolios, which are separate and distinct from each other and from the company’s general assets.
- This is a separate legal entity that may be formed by any person (the “founder”) for any lawful object, which need not be beneficial to other persons, provided it falls within the wide parameters permitted by the legislations. It is commonly used for charitable purposes.
- There are many business opportunities in Cayman Islands which depends on the receiver of those opportunities. There are diverse types of business in Cayman Islands making it much more feasible to operate a business there. Moreover, engagement with the Tetra Consultants can make the whole process of incorporation and other business activities much easier and hassle-free for you. Our experts have deep knowledge and understanding of the local laws and regulations which will help in making sure that all your legal files are submitted within stipulated time whether it be obtaining offshore financial licenses submitting accounting and tax obligations or drafting legal documents. Our team can handle all things at once.
- Contact us to find out more about the business opportunities in Cayman Islands and various types of business in Cayman Islands, and our dedicated and experienced team will respond within the next 24 hours.