How to incorporate company in Taiwan?
Tetra Consultants’ ultimate guide on Taiwan company incorporation is tailored to help our international clients to fully understand the whole process. Before you choose to incorporate a company in Taiwan, Tetra Consultants advises you to read through the following comprehensive guide as requirements and regulations are stated clearly to help you fully understand the process of company registration.
Simply put, we can break down engagement into four different phases:
- Planning & strategy
- Bank account opening
- Staying compliant
By systematically following the above four phases, you can expect to start conducting business with your Taiwan company within 7 weeks.
Step 1: Planning & strategy
- Depending on your business goals and activities, Tetra Consultants will recommend the most suitable business entity. Prior to Taiwan company incorporation, you will be advised on the optimum paid-up share capital, corporate structure, and whether there is a need to apply for any licenses.
- Once confirmed, Tetra Consultants will proceed further to reserve your preferred company name with the Taiwan One-stop service portal. This preferred company name will be reserved for 6 months. Additionally, if required we will also conduct the name search on the respective portal to check the availability of the same.
- It is necessary that you have a legal office address in Taiwan. While you are not mandated to operate at this address, this requirement will persist for your registration needs. As such, Tetra Consultants will provide you with a local address.
- Other additional requirements include appointing a registered agent. To meet this requirement, Tetra Consultants will assist you in appointing the registered agent coupled with its address so that you can meet your registration needs. This Local registered agent will act as your representative to the respective governmental authorities and submit accurate financial statements and corporate tax returns.
Step 2: Incorporation
- Once the aforementioned steps are completed, Tetra Consultants’ legal team will proceed to draft articles of incorporation, business plan, and other required legal documents for Taiwan company incorporation.
- Before submitting the documents to the government, Tetra Consultants will arrange for these Taiwan company incorporation documents to be translated and notarized.
- Thereafter, Tetra Consultants will proceed to register company in Taiwan with the Taiwan Department of Commerce.
- Once the company is successfully incorporated, Tetra Consultants will courier the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association, to your preferred addresses.
Step 3: Bank account opening
- Simultaneously, Tetra Consultants will proceed to open a corporate bank account for your newly-incorporated company. You can enjoy leveraging our extensive banking network and receive your bank account numbers within four weeks.
- Tetra Consultants will contact multiple reputable international or Taiwan banks and present your business to each relationship manager and compliance team.
- If you want to open an account with an offshore bank, we can help you with that as well. We work with renowned banking institutions in Hong Kong, the United States, and New Zealand.
- In most cases, Taiwan banks will not require you to travel to Taiwan for the bank meeting. In the event this is required, We will send a representative to the bank meeting with you. Conversely, our staff will negotiate with the banks to hold a conference call or obtain a waiver.
- On average, the corporate bank account will be opened within 4 weeks after Taiwan company incorporation. Tetra Consultants will courier the internet banking token and access codes to your preferred address.
Step 4: Staying compliant
- After incorporating the Taiwan company and opening a corporate account in the bank, Tetra Consultants will continue to provide you with the necessary accounting and tax services to ensure that you can continue to legally conduct business while staying compliant with regulatory obligations.
- Once the registration of your Taiwan company is completed, Tetra Consultants will move forward to apply for state code with the respective State Tax Bureau.
- Our team of dedicated consultants will timely prepare your firm’s financial statements, and corporate tax returns and manage bookkeeping on your behalf.
- Tetra Consultants will take care of auditing the financial statement of your Taiwan company if the Company registered capital exceeds TWD 30,000,000.
Contact us to find out more about how to incorporate a company in Taiwan. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.