Taiwan Work Visa Application
- Tetra Consultants will assist you with Taiwan Work Visa applications. Foreign investors originating from countries listed under the Taiwan Travel Agreements are granted visa-free entry into Taiwan. As such, eligible foreign investors and business owners do not require prior Taiwan work visa arrangements and are entitled to Taiwan work visa waiver upon arrival to Taiwan.
- Foreign Travellers to visit Taiwan for various reasons such as work, family visit, or recreational purposes will be required to apply for a visa if they are not eligible for visa-free entry into Taiwan or should they require a long term visa.
- For Nationals of the countries listed below, a visa-free entry with a validity of 90 days will be made available. The respective nationals of the listed countries are eligible for Taiwan’s visa exemption program and need not arrange for a visa prior to their visit.
|Austria||Denmark||Haiti||Republic of Korea||Netherlands||Portugal||Tuvalu|
|Belgium||Estonia||Honduras||Latvia||New Zealand||Romania||United Kingdom|
|Bulgaria||Eswatini||Hungary||Liechtenstein||Nicaragua||San Marino||United States of America|
|Canada||Finland||Iceland||Lithuania||North Macedonia||Slovakia||Vatican City State|
- For Nationals of the countries listed below, a visa-free entry with a validity of 30 days will be made available. The respective nationals of the listed countries are eligible for Taiwan’s visa exemption program and need not arrange for a visa prior to their visit.
|Belize||Malaysia||St. Kitts and Nevis||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Dominican Republic||Nauru||Saint Lucia||Singapore|
- Foreign visitors will be required to present a valid formal passport with a minimum validity of six months and a confirmed return ticket for them to qualify for the visa-free entry program.
- Generally, the duration of stay is not extendable unless otherwise specified. You may apply for a visa extension at a local office of the Taiwan National Immigration Agency if an extension is applicable. Consequently, for non-extendable visas, you can submit a request to the Bureau of Consular Affairs to convert your visa into an extendable visa.
- The different variations of visas in Taiwan serve as an authorization granted by the Taiwanese government to enter the jurisdiction. Foreign investors must submit several travel documents for verification to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Under Tetra Consultants’ business expansion service, our team of professionals will provide guidance and assistance throughout the visa application procedure, ensuring a seamless process for our clients. The relevant types of visas are listed accordingly below. The Tourist Visa and Resident Visa are the two primary types of visas available in Taiwan.
Taiwan Tourist Visa
- Customarily, a tourist visa is issued for stays with a duration of up to 90 days. You will not be required to apply for a tourist visa if you are eligible for Taiwan’s visa-free entry program. A Tourist Visa is issued to individuals who do not qualify for Taiwan’s visa-waiver with the following purpose of visit.
- Tourism purposes
- Business-related purposes
- Visiting friends and family in Taiwan
- Seeking for medical services in a Taiwan medical institution
- Employment-seeking purpose
- Academic-related events (i.e. Short-term study)
Taiwan Resident Visa
- If you would like to stay in Taiwan for more than 90 days, for the purpose of employment, education or family reunion, you can apply for a Taiwan Resident Visa, subject to the Bureau of Consular Affairs’ approval. The Taiwan Student Visa, Work Visa and Join Family Visa are types of Resident Visas.
Taiwan Student Visa
- A Taiwan Student Visa is mandatory if you are keen on furthering your academic studies in a Taiwanese educational institution. Interested applicants are required to present the necessary documents illustrating proof of enrolment in a Taiwan educational institution.
Taiwan Work Visa
- A Taiwan Work Visa is necessary if you are keen on working in Taiwan for a long period of time. Aside from a Taiwan Work Visa, you must procure a Taiwan Work Permit and a Taiwan Residence Permit to be eligible for employment.
- The Workforce Development Agency of the Taiwan Ministry of Labour dictates which professions of foreign professionals qualify to work in Taiwan. Taiwan work visa applications can only be submitted upon receipt of a job offer in Taiwan.
Join Family Visa
- If you wish to join a family member in Taiwan, you may apply for the Join Family Visa which is issued for long term stays. However, in order to be eligible for the Join Family Visa, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- The foreign spouse of a Taiwan citizen
- Child or grandchild under 20 years of age of a Taiwan citizen
Taiwan Entrepreneur Visa
- The Taiwanese government established the Taiwan Entrepreneur Visa as part of efforts to facilitate an influx in foreign direct investments into the nation. The Entrepreneur Visa is beneficial for investors as they will receive an initial 1-year residency in Taiwan with multiple entries. Furthermore, the visa is eligible for an extension should your business be successful.
Contact us to find out more about which Taiwan work visa is most suitable for your business. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.