Vietnam Work Visa Application
Vietnam Work Visa is compulsory for all foreign individuals in order to engage in any form of work in Vietnam, whether in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, or other regions in the country.
Tetra Consultants will assist you in completing the visa application process so that it is smooth and hassle-free. In this guide, we will highlight a detailed step by step process showcasing how you can obtain a suitable work visa for yourself.
Types of Vietnam Work Visa
- There are different types of visas available for foreign individuals who wish to conduct any form of work in Vietnam including the following:
- HN Visa for meetings and conferences
- DT Visa for investors
- DN Visa for individuals working with Vietnam businesses
- DH Visa for students and interns
- LD Visa for foreign workers
How to apply for a Vietnam work visa?
- In order to conduct any work-related activities in Vietnam, you need to apply for a Vietnamese Work Visa. The foreign individual can obtain the work visa by applying through the Vietnamese Consulate in their home country or through their employer in Vietnam.
- This application process is cumbersome and therefore, you need to first read this guide to understand the steps you need to undertake. Our team of experts at Tetra Consultants will understand your business activities and requirements and then recommend a suitable visa for you. Following this, we will also assist you in obtaining the same.
Step 1: Apply for Approval to use foreign labour in Vietnam
- The business employing the foreign citizen must apply for approval to use foreign labour at least 30 days prior to the date when the new employee is to start working.
- This application can be submitted to any of the following:
- People’s Committee of the Province where the foreign individual is employed to work
- Online on the government’s website for the management of foreign workers
- The business will receive an approval letter within 12 to 15 working days from the date of submission.
- Tetra Consultants can assist you through this entire process.
Step 2: Prepare all the necessary documents
- Prior to applying for a work permit with the relevant authorities, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Valid passport of the applicant
- Three passport-sized photographs
- Documents of the Vietnamese Company (Business registration certificate, investment license, legal operational license, and more)
- Valid Health Check Certificate and Medical Records
- Vietnamese Police Check
- Application form (Form NA5)
- Tetra Consultants will inform you about the necessary documents and assist you in preparing the same.
Step 3: Submit the prepared documents
- Once the documents are prepared, our team at Tetra Consultants will submit them to the Ministry of Labour, War Invalids, and Social Affairs (DOLISA) or the People’s Committee of the Province where the foreign individual is employed to work, on behalf of the business.
- At this stage, you will also have to pay the visa fee required by the Vietnamese government.
- Tetra Consultants will assist you in obtaining the best suited work visa for you. The Visa Application process usually takes a minimum of 3 days to complete. However, this depends on the nationality of the applicant. There may be certain special cases as well.
How we can help you secure a Vietnam Work Visa
- Contact us now for more information about Work Permits and Work Visas in Vietnam and our service package that can assist you in starting a new business in Vietnam, opening a corporate bank account and more. Our dedicated and experienced team will revert within the next 24 hours.
Are foreign individuals allowed to work in Vietnam?
- Yes, they are permitted to work in Vietnam provided that they obtain a suitable and valid work visa prior to entering the country.
How can I get a Work Visa for Vietnam?
- Firstly, the business you wish to work at must apply for a work permit from the Vietnamese government. This work permit allows businesses to recruit foreigners.
- Once this is done, you must prepare all the mandated documents including Health Certificate, Police Check Certificate, and more.
- You will then have to submit these documents along with the application form to the Vietnamese Consulate or embassy in your home country or the Department of Labour, Work Invalids, and Social Affairs (DOLISA).
- You will also have to pay the visa fee required by the government. This depends on the type of visa you wish to obtain.
- Once the above is completed, you will be issued the Vietnamese Work Visa and will be able to work in the nation.
How long does it take to get a Vietnamese work visa?
- There are two primary steps in obtaining a Vietnamese work visa. The first step is to obtain a suitable work permit. This process can be completed within 15 working days.
- The second step is to apply for a work visa. This process takes a minimum of 3 working days.
- This timeline differs depending on the nationality of the foreign applicant.
Is it easy to get a work visa in Vietnam?
- The process to obtain a work visa in Vietnam can be straightforward if you understand the steps you need to undertake.
- You need to understand the documents that need to be submitted along with the fees you will need to pay.
- Tetra Consultants will assist you in obtaining a work visa in Vietnam.
Am I exempted from applying for a work visa in Vietnam?
- The following categories are exempted from applying for a work visa:
- Individuals working in Vietnam for a period of less than 3 months
- Individuals from countries with whom Vietnam has signed international treaties with.
- Owner of an LLC or Board of Directors of a Joint Stock Company with capital contributions as per the government requirements
- Heads of representative offices
- Individuals working in foreign NGOs in Vietnam
- Others as per government policy