- The Canadian work environment is known to be one of the most respectful and approachable environments in the globe. If you are willing to work in Canada, you will be first required to understand the work permit Canada requirements. Canadian workplaces have a strong emphasis on soft skills which helps in growing in an individual career and provides an ample number of opportunities to freshers just by developing soft skills such as communication, teamwork, and problem-solving.
- As the business sector of Canada is expanding exponentially there are huge migration of people to Canada which requires regulation for security purpose thus it creates a need for work permits in Canada which have various requirements.
- Canada has launched a digital nomad strategy which allows people who work for foreign employers to live in Canada for up to six months. This method allows employees to have a chance of receiving different job offers after which they can continue their stay in Canada. Along with that if you are willing for Canada company registration you will be required to acquire various licenses including a Canada MSB license.
- Further, Canada has been attracting many workers as they have launched several aggressive programs to attract high-skilled workforce which allows about 10,000 H-1B visa holders in United States to work in Canada.
- Hence, it can be said that Canada is developing in every aspect of business thus, the country is allowing workforce to stay in Canada and work there. These foreign employees shifting to Canada in search of jobs will be subjected to comply with work permit Canada requirements to lawfully operate in Canada.
- Tetra Consultants can guide you to obtain work permits for Canada and can also help you with choosing a specific type of work permit depending on the client’s needs and requirements. Moreover, Tetra Consultants can also facilitate you in offshore company incorporation for seamless registration process.
Distinct categories and options of work permit in Canada
There are two categories of work permit in Canada which are as follows:
Job-specific work permit
- As the name suggests, these permits allow foreigners to work for a specific employer in Canada. The employer needs to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to present the need for the foreign personal to fill the job and the assessment also specifies that the work for which foreign entity is hired it is because of unavailability of a Canadian worker.
- For new employers working towards operating a new business in Canada might require local presence to make business operational in Canada. Tetra Consultants provides services such as nominee director and shareholder services which will help your business to get fully operational.
Open work permit
- As the name suggests, these work permits allow the foreign person to work for any employer in Canada. The permit needs to follow a key requirement which includes not working for those employers who have failed to comply with the conditions of the program or who offer services related to eroticism or pornography.
- Tetra Consultants can help you to obtain work permits and visas through our services. We also provide various services regarding offshore company incorporation and corporate bank account opening helping you to seamlessly operate your business in Canada.
There is other several types of work permit who are not that persistent in Canadian market which are as follows:
Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- This program needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which is particularly designed to help employers to fill temporary labor and skill shortages in Canada.
International Mobility Program (IMP)
- This program does not specifically mention the requirement of LMIA and is designed for Canadian employers who want to attract highly skilled foreign workers to work for them.
Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA)
- These kind of work permits are available to the citizens of United States and Mexico who are willing to work in Canada. These agreements make it easier for the citizens of such agreeing countries to move and work in a new country with few regulatory requirements.
- The kind of work permit allotted to employees of a foreign company who are being transferred to the company’s Canada branch, subsidiary company, and/or affiliate of the company. These work permits are easy option for those foreign employees who are migrating to Canada for not switching the job but to continue work in same company or at an affiliated company in Canada.
Closed (Restricted) Work Permit
- These kind of work permits is tied to specific employer and requires an official job offer from any Canadian company or any foreign company operating in Canada. Further, it is required by these licenses to be supported by LMIA.
Work permit Canada requirements
- There are various requirements for every type or category of work permit which includes an extensive list of documents. Thus, the below-listed requirements are the general requirements which might be required by the individuals for obtaining work permits in Canada. If you wish to have a full list of requirements you can get in touch with Tetra Consultants, the experts are highly experienced and can provide you with all your requirements and can also help you in drafting legal documents and can also provide you with offshore financial license services for making business operational.
- To apply for work permit in Canada, there are many regulations at national level of both the countries. Regardless of where you apply, or which kind of work permit you apply for you must:
- A document proving that you will leave the country after your work has been completed or the job has been terminated or whenever the work permit expires.
- A document showing the monetary competency of the individual. This document helps in conveying the authorities regarding the financial stability of that individual so that the person can take care of themselves and their family members during their stay in Canada and return home.
- There are various other requirements of work permit if you are applying while your stay in Canada which are as follows:
- The individual is required to have a valid study or work permit while their stay in Canada.
- The individual is subjected to have a temporary residency permit which has a validity of a minimum of six months or more depending on the time limit opted while applying for temporary residency.
- The individual must be waiting for a decision on an application for permanent residence from outside Canada.
Different eligibility criteria for specific work permit in Canada
Open work permit
- The permit is eligible for those international students who graduated from any designated and well recognized institutes and are eligible for post-graduation.
Work permit program
- These permit programs are eligible for those individuals who is a student and is no longer able to meet the cost of studies and cost of living in Canada.
Temporary residency permits
- Eligible for young workers participating in special programs or are being sponsored as a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or accompanying dependent child.
Closed work permit
- These work permits are eligible for those foreign individuals who have obtained a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment. These work permits help in providing job offers to foreign individuals.
- Canada is a diverse country with diverse business market which requires a huge skilled and semi-skilled workforce for smooth operations. Thus, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issues work permits to the foreign individuals visiting Canada for studies and job. The Canadian authorities have also specified work permit Canada requirements for foreign individuals willing to apply for Canadian work permit.
- Tetra Consultants is a one-stop corporate service provider with a global network of partners and a diversified portfolio of businesses. We provide extensive assistance to our international clients with securing a Payment License like a Canada MSB license and facilitating in obtaining work permits in Canada.