How to incorporate company in Belize?
Tetra Consultants advises you to read through this Belize company incorporation guide to fully understand the steps required on how to incorporate a company in Belize.
Simply put, we can break down your Belize company formation engagement into three different phases:
1. Planning & strategy
2. Incorporation & bank account opening
3. Staying compliant
By systematically following the above three phases, you can expect to start conducting business with your Belize company within 5 weeks.
1. Planning & strategy
- Depending on your business goals and activities, Tetra Consultants will recommend the most suitable business entity. Prior to Belize company incorporation, you will be advised on the optimum paid-up share capital, corporate structure, and whether there is a need to apply for any licenses.
- Before Tetra Consultants can start with the Belize company incorporation procedure, you are required to provide a list of required KYC documents. Some of these documents include passport copies and proof of address of the directors and shareholders.
- Tetra Consultants will reserve your preferred company name with the Belize International Business Company Registry.
- Tetra Consultants will also provide you with a local registered office address and registered agent to meet the registration requirements.
- Tetra Consultants will draft and notarize the Belize company incorporation documents including articles of association, business plan, and shareholding structure. Once confirmed, we will submit the same to the Belize Companies and Corporate Affairs Registry to register company in Belize.
2. Incorporation & Bank account opening
- On average, the company will be successfully registered within 5 business days. Upon successful Belize company incorporation, Tetra Consultants will immediately courier the corporate documents to you.
- Some examples of these documents include the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association, and other legal documents.
- Simultaneously, Tetra Consultants will proceed to open a corporate bank account for your newly-incorporated company. You can enjoy leveraging on our extensive banking network and receive your bank account numbers within 4 weeks.
- Our banking team will open a corporate bank account for your newly-established company with either a local Belize bank or a reputable overseas bank. This ultimately depends on our international clients’ long-term business goals and risk classification. Tetra Consultants will advise our clients on the different requirements and transaction fees of each bank so you are able to make a sound decision.
- Some Belize banks may require you to travel to Belize for a face-to-face meeting. If required, Tetra Consultants will request for the interview to be changed to a video conference call instead. If the banks insist you to travel, Tetra Consultants will accompany our clients to the bank interview in Belize to facilitate communication.
- Once your account is opened, Tetra Consultants will courier the internet banking token and access codes to your preferred address.
- Consequently, Tetra Consultants process the relevant applications with the authorities of the specific municipality your business is set up in, to ensure that your operations can be conducted smoothly. The license needed will be based on the nature of the intended business activity in Belize and also register as a corporate employer with the Belize Social Security Board.
3. Staying compliant
- You can be confident you are in the best hands when Tetra Consultants undertakes your Belize company’s accounting and tax services.
- Tetra Consultants will timely prepare your firm’s financial statements, corporate tax returns, and bookkeeping on your behalf.
- Tetra Consultants will complete all annual filings and tax returns for your company before the stipulated deadlines set out by the government.
- If you plan to work in Belize, Tetra Consultants will secure a work permit for you.
Contact us to find out more about how to incorporate a company in Belize. Our team of experts will assist you through the entire process of Belize company registration and revert within the next 24 hours.
Where do you register your business in Belize?
- Tetra Consultants assist our international clients with the registration of their Belize company with the Belize Companies and Corporate Affairs Registry located in Belmopan City.
How to register company in Belize?
- To register a company you need to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of the country. With Tetra Consultants at the wheel, you will be able to dedicate your time and resources to other more important business activities. Our team of experts assists our international clients throughout the Belize company incorporation process.
Why companies incorporate in Belize?
- Belize is considered the most for incorporation simply because taxation is favorable in terms of income tax, sales tax, property tax, and investment tax.
- Moreover, the country has a well-respected and distinctive judicial system that is specialized and experienced in commercial issues. Additionally, when compared to other states, corporate privacy is at a greater degree, therefore it becomes an attractive jurisdiction for foreign investors.
Can a foreigner incorporate a company in Belize?
- Yes, a foreigner can incorporate and 100% own a Belize company.
What documents are required to incorporate a company in Belize?
- To proceed with company registration in Belize, for a start, you are required to provide the notarized passport copy, proof of address, CV, and proof of income of the individual director and shareholder of the company.
- If there is a corporate shareholder, we will require the Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum and Articles of Association of the entity.
- Once Tetra Consultants receives the above, we will review the documents and provide you with an updated due diligence checklist with the list of outstanding documents