India Work Visa Application
India work visa application is a hassle-free process with Tetra Consultants’ assistance.
In order to engage in any kind of work in India, foreign individuals (non-residents of India) will be required to have an Indian Visa. There are different types of visas available for foreign individuals who wish to work in India including a Business Visa, Employment Visa, and Intern Visa.
The India visa application process may seem cumbersome if you do not understand the steps you need to undertake. Therefore, Tetra Consultants will assist you with the same. In this guide, we will explain the three types of Work Visas available in India for foreigners and a detailed step-by-step process showcasing how you can secure the same.
Types of Work Visa in India
- Foreign individuals who need to travel to India for business purposes including meetings, exhibitions, sale of goods and services, and more, can apply for a Business Visa. A person with this visa is not permitted to travel to India for the full-time employment, petty trade, money lending, or any kind of petty business.
- The individual must have documents showcasing the purpose of their visits such as a company letter, proof of the individual’s financial standing, Certificate of Incorporation of the Indian company, and more.
- This visa is valid for a period of one year or five years and can be extended further. However, the individual’s stay in India can be for a maximum of six months at one go.
- This visa permits individuals to enter the country multiple times within the period.
- Foreign individuals who need to travel to India for employment purposes can apply for an Employment visa. However, this variety of visa will not be granted to an individual for routine, ordinary, or secretarial jobs that can be performed by qualified Indians.
- The individual must provide documents proving his or her employment along with the terms and conditions.
- This form of visa is granted for either a period of one year or the period of the contract and can be extended further in India.
- This visa permits individuals to enter the country multiple times within the validity period of the visa.
- Foreign individuals who need to travel to India for an internship can apply for an Intern visa.
- The individual must submit an invitation letter from the Indian Company, Educational Institution, or NGOs/Charities showing the internship being offered to that individual and also showing the start and end date of the internship.
- This form of visa is granted for the duration of the internship or a one year period, whichever is lesser. However, this type of visa is not extendable.
- This form of visa also permits individuals to enter the country multiple times within the validity period.
How to apply for a Work Visa in India?
- In order to carry out your work in India, you need to apply for an Indian Work Visa. For a smooth and hassle-free application process, you need to first understand the steps you need to undertake. Our team of experts at Tetra Consultants will understand your requirements and then recommend the best suited visa for you. We will also assist you in obtaining the same.
Step 1: Prepare all the required documents
- Prior to applying for a visa, you need to prepare the documents in the following list:
- A passport with a validity period of at least half a year
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Original Company Letter from the place you are working at (Letter must comprise of the company registration number, tax registration number, company address, and duration of stay)
- Employment Contract (Proof of contract, State the salary of the employee, and more)
- Tax Liability details
Step 2: Complete the Online Application Form
- Since the foreign individual is outside India, they must fill an online visa application form.
- In this form, you must input all the personal information and details accurately and submit the same. Modifications cannot be made once the application is submitted.
- You will then receive an Application ID which you will require for future communications.
- You will also be required to submit a digital photograph of yourself that meets all the specifications required by the Government of India.
Step 3: Schedule an appointment
- You will then be required to schedule an appointment with the closest concerned Indian Mission (Indian Consulate).
- This appointment can either be made along with the application form submission or can be made later by you with the concerned Indian Mission.
- Most Indian Missions permit online payment for the visa application. However, if it does not, then you must print the online application form and visit the concerned Indian Mission and make the payment then.
- Tetra Consultants will assist you in obtaining the best suited work visa for you. The Visa Application process usually takes a minimum of 3 days to complete. However, this depends on the nationality of the applicant. There may be certain special cases as well.
Looking to secure an India work visa?
- Tetra Consultants will first understand your reason for travelling to India before recommending a suitable work visa for you. We will then advise you on the requirements you will need to meet before assisting you in applying for the visa.
- If you are looking to register company in India, we will also assist be able to assist you through the full process, including opening a corporate bank account.
- Contact us now to know more about the Work Visa in India and how you can attain the same. Our dedicated team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.
Are foreigners allowed to work in India?
- Yes, foreign individuals are allowed to work in India provided that they have a valid work visa prior to entry into the country.
How long does it take to get an Indian work visa?
- After the application is submitted through the Indian Visa Application Centre or the concerned Indian Mission, the Indian work visa will be obtained within a period of 3 to 5 days, except for special circumstances.
- This time period also fluctuates depending on the nationality of the applicant.
How can I get an Indian Work Visa?
- Once you prepare all the required documents and submit the same along with the application form, you must schedule an appointment with the concerned Indian Mission.
- You will then be required to pay the relevant government fee, which depends on the visa you wish to obtain.
- Once the above is completed, you will receive the Indian Work Visa.
Do people in India speak English?
- In India, both English and Hindi are the official language.
- In fact, India has the second largest population of English-speaking individuals in the world.
What are the different types of Visas available in India?
- India has a variety of visas available for international individuals, catering to different needs. These include the following:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
- Research Visa
- Film Visa
- In order to obtain any of these visas, you need to meet the requirements set by the governmental policy.
- Moreover, all these Visas have a different validity period and you must take that into account as well.