How to incorporate company in Mauritius?
Tetra Consultants advises you to read through our Mauritius company incorporation guide before you choose to incorporate a company in Mauritius, to fully understand the steps required for successful incorporation.
Simply put, we can break down each engagement for Mauritius company incorporation into four different phases:
- Planning & strategy
- Incorporation & bank account opening
- Staying compliant
To incorporate Mauritius company, there are multiple requirements and steps to take so that the newly-established company will be legally compliant. Tetra Consultants will advise you of all regulatory requirements to ensure all parties are clear of the steps to take throughout the engagement.
On average, you can expect to own a Mauritius company and a corporate bank account within 6 weeks depending on the business activity and corporate structure.
1. Planning & strategy
- Tetra Consultants will assist you with the company formation in Mauritius and the procedure by adhering to the following steps below.
- Tetra Consultants will provide recommendations on the suitable type of entity catering to your business objectives and activities. Prior to the start of the engagement, Tetra Consultants will advise on the optimum paid-up share capital, regulatory requirements, and whether there is a need for licenses for the intended business activity.
- Before Tetra Consultants begin with Mauritius company incorporation, we will provide you with a local registered office, a nominee director, and a local company secretary.
- Our legal team will draft a nominee director agreement to ensure that the appointed nominee director has no decision-making power in your company. For transparency, our team will provide KYC documents of our nominee including passport copy and proof of address.
- Following this Tetra Consultants will check for the availability of your preferred company name and register the same with the Registrar of Companies.
2. Incorporation & bank account opening
- Tetra Consultants’ legal team will draft articles of incorporation, business plan, and other required legal documents for Mauritius company incorporation.
- Thereafter, Tetra Consultants will immediately proceed to register company in Mauritius with the Companies and Business Registration Integrated System (CBRIS).
- On average, the company registration will be completed within 2 weeks. Once the company is registered, Tetra Consultants will courier the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association, Register of Directors, and Register of Shareholders to our clients’ preferred addresses.
- Tetra Consultants will also assist you in obtaining any additional business permits and licenses relevant to your business activity for the smooth operation of your business.
- Simultaneously, Tetra Consultants will proceed with the corporate bank account opening as required for Mauritius company incorporation.
- Tetra Consultants will contact multiple reputable international Mauritius banks and present your business to each relationship manager and compliance team.
- On average, the corporate bank account will be opened within 4 weeks after Mauritius company incorporation. Tetra Consultants will courier the internet banking token and access codes to your preferred address.
3. Staying compliant
- You can be confident you are in the best hands when Tetra Consultants undertakes your Mauritius company’s accounting and tax services.
- Tetra Consultants will timely prepare your firm’s financial statements, corporate tax returns, and bookkeeping on your behalf.
- Tetra Consultants will complete all annual filings and tax returns for your company before the stipulated deadlines set out by the government.
Contact us to find out more about how to incorporate a company in Mauritius. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.