Register company in Seychelles
To register company in Seychelles is hassle-free with Tetra Consultants’ assistance. Tetra Consultants can assist you in registering a company in Seychelles so that you can focus on operating your business.
You can depend on our team of hard-working experts to provide you with a smooth experience in setting up a company in Seychelles with the Seychelles Registrar of companies. We will ensure that your firm will be operational within the required time frame.
Our service package includes everything you will during the process of setting up a company in Seychelles:
- Planning and Strategy
- Register company in Seychelles
- Seychelles company formation agent
- Open Seychelles bank account online
Contact us to find out more about how to register company in Seychelles. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.
Can a foreigner start a business in Seychelles?
- The Seychelles government allows foreign investors to register their company in the country. Tetra Consultants will ensure that you are compliant with the governmental laws and advise you on the steps you need to take to incorporate your business.
- As per the government policies, businesses registered by foreigners can be wholly owned. However, you will not be allowed to operate activities related to banking, insurance, or reinsurance.
- For example: a Seychelles International Business Corporation can be set up by foreigners. Such a company can be set up with minimum requirements:
- One director of any nationality
- One shareholder of any nationality
- Local registered address
- Local Registered agent (who will file all documents on behalf of the company)
- Minimum issued share capital of US$1
- A company secretary is not necessary
When can I expect to start a business?
- Tetra Consultants will register company in Seychelles for you through a hassle-free process.
- Once all the due diligence documents of the qualified fit and proper directors, shareholders, and ultimate beneficial owners are received, we will completethe process to register company in Seychelles within 1 week with the Seychelles International Business Authority.
- Throughout the process of setting up a company in Seychelles, you will not be required to travel overseas.
- Within 4 weeks of proceeding to register company in Seychelles, Tetra Consultants will open a corporate bank account with an international reputable bank.
- All in all, our international clients can expect to start operating within 5 weeks upon engaging Tetra Consultants.
How to register company in Seychelles?
Step 1: Planning and strategy:
- Tetra Consultants will first understand your business needs and recommend the entity best suited for your business. The most common business entity to set up will be an offshore company.
Step 2: Reserve preferred company name
- We will then check for the availability of your preferred business name through a Seychelles Financial Services Authority Company search and reserve it. The name of an IBC must end with an approved suffix such as “Limited”, “LTD”, “Corporation”, “Corp”, “Incorporated” or “Inc”.
Step 3: Pre-registration requirements
- You are required to have the following documents to complete the registration process:
- Information about the company – Certificate of Incorporation, Article of Association, and more.
- Business name reservation proof.
- Passport and residential proof of the shareholders, directors, and Ultimate beneficial owners.
- Reference from a bank showing good standing of the individual or company, if required.
Step 4: Preparing and submitting relevant documents
- Our team will set up your company without the need for our international clients to travel.
- Once the registration process is completed, we will courier the necessary documents including the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, and more to you, at your preferred address.
Step 5: Opening a bank account
- Tetra Consultants will proceed to open a corporate bank account for your business.
- We will take advantage of our existing banking network and help you open an account with an international reputable bank.
Step 6: Registering for tax
- Tetra Consultants will register your business with the Seychelles Revenue Commission to obtain a tax identification number.
Step 7: Complaint with the laws
- Following this, Tetra Consultants will ensure that your business remains compliant with the government policies. Companies registered in the Seychelles must make an annual renewal. This payment is for the maintenance of the license (government fee), registered agent, and registered office address.
- Tetra Consultants will also assist you to apply for relevant licenses needed for your business. Potential licences needed include professional funds licence, exempt foreign funds licence, private equity funds licence, public funds licence, fund administrator licence, pension funds licence, investment advisor licence, banking licence, gaming licence, payment service provider licence, captive insurance licence and securities dealer licence for firms which wish to offer forex dealer or broker services.
Types of business entities in Seychelles
Prior to setting up a company in Seychelles, you must first understand the forms of business entities available in the country. This is so that you can choose the best-suited one for your business. There are multiple forms of business entities available including offshore companies, Limited Liability Company, Limited Partnerships, and more.
Our team of experts at Tetra Consultants will understand your business activities and needs and recommend a business entity most suited for you.
Seychelles offshore company
- A Seychelles offshore company is also known as an International Business Corporation (IBC). When communicating with our international clients, Tetra Consultants will use these two terms interchangeably.
- A Seychelles IBC company is incorporated under the International Business Companies Act 1994 and it is one of the most common and cost-efficient structures. As such, most of our international clients choose to set up an International Business Company for their offshore entities.
- Moreover, there is no taxation on foreign income and no stamp duty on the transfer of shares. A Seychelles IBC is only subject to a minimum government license fee of US$100 and 7.5% tax regardless of its authorized capital.
- However, an IBC is not allowed to conduct any business activities. Moreover, foreign investors are not allowed to conduct business activities related to banking, insurance, or reinsurance. However, the free transfer of funds to and from the nation is allowed and no foreign exchange controls are imposed.
- In addition, you are required to open an overseas corporate bank account.
- Details of directors/shareholders/beneficial owners are not publicly accessible and therefore, cannot be found through the Republic of Seychelles company search. Shares of the IBC can be held by a nominee shareholder.
- Beneficial owner details are not required to be filed with Seychelles Companies Registry.
- The entity has the same powers as a natural person, including the right to sue and to be sued. It is the equivalent of a limited liability company in other jurisdictions.
- They can also be used for I.P. Holding companies, for holding structures and special purpose vehicles, or for succession planning and wealth management. IBCs are also the option if you seek international tax planning, wish to own real estate properties, or would like to undergo corporate restructuring and the domiciliation of your business. IBCs’ also feature finance transactions that are structured, as well as ring-fencing assets and securitizations for those who seek securities exchange and securities facility.
- Tetra Consultants can assist in Seychelles offshore company incorporation and offshore banking.
Limited Liability company
- This type of business entity can be incorporated under the Companies Act 1972.
- It is also known as a “proprietary company” which essentially is a private company whose shareholders have limited liability.
- This type of company can be completely owned by foreigners.
- LLC can be set up with minimum requirements:
- Two shareholders
- No directors needed
- No minimum capital
- Low registration fee
- This type of company can be used to conduct business not only outside Seychelles but also within the country. Due to this, resident LLC is subjected to income tax.
- Tetra Consultants will complete the incorporation process on your behalf by registering with the Registrar General.
- You will not be required to travel to Seychelles and we will courier the documents including the Memorandum and Article of Association to your preferred address.
- This business entity falls under the Limited Partnership Act 2003 which was later amended in 2011.
- Such a partnership can have a limited partner who may be a resident or a non-resident and a general partner who will be liable for the entire debt and liability of the firm.
- Business activities are not allowed to be carried out in Seychelles unless required to carry business abroad.
- Limited Partnerships can be set up with minimum requirements:
- Two partners
- Business name
- Registered office address
- Personal information of the general partners
- Tetra Consultants will complete the registration process on your behalf with the Companies Registrar so that you will not be required to travel to Seychelles.
- Once approval is received, we will courier the necessary documents including the Memorandum and Articles of Association to your preferred location.
Why register a company in Seychelles?
There are multiple reasons as to why one should consider setting up a company in Seychelles. There are multiple privacy and tax advantages to enjoy, as per the Seychelles International Companies Act. This is because Seychelles company information is not publicly available, offering anonymity.
Besides this, the political and economic environment of the country is also an important consideration and we have, therefore, conducted a Pestle Analysis. This will guarantee that you can operate your business safely and legally while striving to achieve your long-term business goals.
- According to Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index, Seychelles scores 66 out of 100 which is relatively high.
- Seychelles is labelled as a tax haven. In February 2020, Seychelles was blacklisted by European Union as the government did not timely introduce economic substance requirements for local companies. The country was stated to have a harmful preferential tax regime.
- According to the World Bank’s Doing Business Report, Seychelles has a rank of 100 worldwide, for ease of doing business. This is primarily because of the difficulty in starting a business. However, with Tetra Consultants, this process will be completely seamless.
- Before the Covid-19 pandemic, Seychelles had a stable growth rate of 4.2% per annum before plummeting to negative 13.5%, primarily because of a fall in tourism. However, the economy will gradually revert from 2021.
- There are no publicly accessible records for the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs).
- A company can be registered within 1 week and there is no minimum paid-up capital required. As such, you are not required to purchase a Seychelles shelf company due to the speedy process.
- Seychelles does not offer a competitive landscape for doing business. According to the Global Competitiveness Report published by the World Economic Forum in 2018, Seychelles is ranked 76thin the world.
- The adult literacy rate is 95.87%, which is relatively high. This is advantageous for the business, which has access to a skilled labour force.
- The country has a rank of two in Africa for gender equality.
- The Central Bank is devising a National Fintech Strategy for the country. This is done in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance, Trade, and Investment, the Financial Services Authority, and international organisations like the World Bank. This is done to modernise the National Payment System to include Fintech.
- Moreover, Fintech products can be copyrighted under the new copyright law.
- The government has developed an innovative environment financing system with the Nature Conservancy (TNC). The TNC has raised a huge fund for Seychelles in exchange for an increase in the protected area to 30% within the country.
- Seychelles has an efficient legal system that is based on both French Napoleonic Code and British common law.
- The official language in Seychelles is English. Hence, there is lesser inconvenience faced by foreign investors in setting up and conducting business activities in the country.
- As a part of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), the government guarantees that the intellectual property rights of individuals and companies, obtained in their home country, will be well-protected. Hence asset protection is a given.
Accounting and tax considerations
- An offshore company is subject to 0% corporate tax and no tax liabilities. All overseas profits are legally tax-exempt. In addition, the offshore company is exempted from withholding taxes, capital gain taxes, inheritance taxes, and stamp study.
- Individuals and companies in Seychelles are still subjected to a personal income tax of 16%. For this, the person must live in the country for more than 180 days in one year.
- Foreigners are not subjected to tax on dividends, interests, and royalty incomes as a result of the double taxation agreements signed by the government with other nations.
- Companies are not required to file annual audited accounts but must keep their own accounting and financial records.
- The annual meeting also does not need to be held within the country and can be held in any location.
- Tetra Consultants’ team of experienced legal advisors, auditors, investment managers and fund managers will advise you on your company’s unique needs.
Is Seychelles a tax haven?
Yes, Seychelles is a tax haven. For companies that are non-resident or do not operate their business in the country, there is no tax imposed. Additionally, there are no capital gains tax, dividend tax, and more. In fact, Seychelles was blacklisted by the European Union, posing as a disadvantage for the businesses.
There are other tax haven countries that you can choose to set up your business in such as the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands.
Based on our above analysis, if you are looking to register company in Seychelles for tax benefits and access to international offshore banking, Tetra Consultants you to consider other reputable solutions such as a Singapore offshore company or a Hong Kong offshore company.
Contact us to find out more about how to complete Seychelles company formation with bank account. Our team of experts will revert within the next 24 hours.
How do I start a registered company?
- In order to register company in Seychelles, you must first select the form of business entity you wish to set up an offshore or onshore company. You must search for the availability of your preferred business name, and then begin the registration process with the Seychelles International Business Authority. Once registration is completed, you can open a bank account with a domestic or international bank. Following this, you must ensure that you are compliant with the regulations of the government. Tetra Consultants will offer our compliance services, accounting and audit services to assist you.
What business can one do in Seychelles?
- An individual can perform a variety of business activities in Seychelles. However, you would require special permission to perform financial services. You can provide non-financial services, such as customer training services. This sector has been growing over the past few years and could be advantageous for you.
Can a foreigner open a bank account in Seychelles?
- Yes, a foreigner can open a Seychelles bank account online. You just need to submit your passport, proof of address, resume, and some more additional documents. You are also required to fill out an application along with some additional forms. You may even be required to interview with the bank.
- However, it is increasingly challenging to open a corporate bank account for Seychelles offshore company. International banks treat these entities as high-risk and will usually conduct enhanced due diligence on the directors, shareholders, and ultimate beneficial owners.
- Tetra Consultants will help you with this setting up process. Contact us if you wish to open a bank account and our team will revert to you within 24 hours.
What is a Seychelles company?
- A Seychelles company is set up in the country. This location is considered to be a popular jurisdiction for foreigners to set up offshore companies.
How do I check if a Seychelles company is registered?
- You can check if a Seychelles company is registered through the Seychelles Registrar of companies. Once you run the company’s name, you will receive all the publicly available information about the business.
What is the role of a registered agent?
- A registered agent completes the registration process on behalf of the company. In case you need to change your company’s registered agent, you are required to pass a director’s resolution.
How much does it cost to open a company in Seychelles?
- The total engagement fee that you will be required to pay depends on the corporate services you need from us. Our service package includes supporting our clients through the incorporation process, assisting them in opening bank accounts, acting as a resident agent on their behalf, and more.
- This total fee also includes the government fee required to complete the registration process.
Are there any hidden fees throughout the engagement?
- Tetra Consultants believes in complete transparency between our firm and our international clients. All terms and conditions will be stated clearly within the appointment letter to ensure that there are no hidden fees.
- Our engagement fees consist of the government fees for company formation. However, it does not include third-party fees such as notarization, translation, or legalization.